Full of greens, tomatoes, feta and protein packed lentils. You’ll absolutely love the flavors and textures in this healthy salad!
For vegan option exclude feta cheese.
- 200g dried lentils
- 70g crumbled feta cheese
- 30g pecan nuts
- 200g English cucumbers
- 150g tomatoes any ripe | I used cherry tomatoes
- 25g mint
- 40g parsley
- 50ml olive oil
- 50ml lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves adjust to your taste
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin optional
- 40g green onions (scallions) optional
- Rinse and cook the lentils until just tender (about 15 minutes). If you soak the lentils overnight first, then the cooking time will be decreased. Once cooked rinse with cold water.
- Finely chop the pecan nuts, cucumber and tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Finely chop all the herbs.
- Grate or mince the garlic. Then combine it with the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices. Mix the dressing well.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, add dressing and toss to combine.