These cold fish cakes are not only a quick and easy dinner idea that everyone will love, but also very delicious and nutritious!
- 1 medium potato
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 450g cod fillets
- 70g panko breadcrumbs
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- oil for cooking
- Peel potatoes and cut in quarters, boil, and mash; set them aside.
- Simmer the cod fillets covered in water for about 5 minutes, until it flakes easily. Drain and flake the fish with a fork. Remove all bones.
- Mix fish, potatoes, and the rest of the ingredients together well by hand. If needed, you can add one more egg or extra breadcrumbs.
- Divide the mixture into 10 portions and shape into cakes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Once it’s nice and hot, add the fish cakes and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until nice and golden.