Best recipe for chilli autumn dinner. Homemade beef stew is one of those dishes that is just good to have in your back pocket.
- 400 g stewing beef, cut into 3 cm chuncks
- 400 ml beef stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 medium celery sticks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 6 small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsps moked paprika
- 6 halved baby potatoes
- ½ cup fresh or frozen sweet peas
- freshly chopped parsley for garnish
1. Add a few teaspoons of oil to a frying pan and heat it up over medium-high heat. Add the beef cubes and season them slightly with salt. Fry for about 10 minutes, or until the beef is thoroughly browned all over. Transfer the beef into a soup pot.
2. Add the carrots, celery, and onion along with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil to the same frying pan. Over medium heat, saute the mixture for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are transparent. Add the garlic. Transfer the mixture into the soup pot.
3. Into the frying pan, add the butter and allow it to melts. Add in mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms for about 5 minutes, until nicely browned all over. Season the mushrooms with salt and add the flour. Toss the mushrooms in the flour untill they’re evenly coated and cook for 1 minute. Transfer the mushrooms into the soup pot.
4. To the soup pot, add beef broth, Sriracha, tomato sauce, moked paprika. Season with black pepper and salt. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and continue simmering for 1 hour, or until the beef is tender.
5. Add in coconut milk, baby potaoes and peas. Simmer for another 15 minutes.
6. Garnish the stew with chopped parsley.