Great way to use your ripe bananas. Perfect snack to grab on the go.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 115g oat flour
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 30g butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place baking paper in the baking tray and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together mashed banana, melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined. Fold in the hazelnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake until the cake is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Remove from the oven, unfold from the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.